It’s finally here! And after the winter we had, the last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen! Enjoy a few meal prep tips I use to keep my clients’ week organized and healthy meals at their fingertips.
[box]Sweet Summer Corn & Edamame Salad with Basil-Yogurt Dressing
- 4 ears of corn (husks removed), or 1 ½ cups sweet corn
- 1½ cups frozen edamame
- 1 large red bell pepper, small dice
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 2-3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Yogurt Basil Dressing
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt (I like Fage)
- Juice of 1/2 lime (more to taste)
- 1 T organic honey
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 T olive oil
- About ¼ cup sliced fresh basil (more if desired)
Grill corn ears until lightly roasted. Cool and slice corn off the cob. Alternatively, you can use plain corn (frozen and thawed) or toast kernels in the oven at 400° for about 20 min until golden brown).
Mix edamame beans, bell pepper, red onion, scallions and corn in a large bowl.
In a small bowl (or mini food processor), whisk dressing ingredients and adjust seasoning to taste.
If serving immediately – Start with a few tablespoons of dressing and toss well to coat. Add more if needed.
Storing – Keep salad in the refrigerator undressed in an airtight container (preferably glassware) up to 4 days. Portion and dress as needed.
Chef’s Tip: Soak ½ red onion in a small bowl of ice water for 5 min, drain and then dice. This will eliminate the ‘sting’ of red onion that can overpower the delicate flavors of salads.[/box]